Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Upbeat Recessional Songs in a Traditional Ceremonies?

My ceremony is going to be of the traditional/religious type.   Think Canon in D and worship songs.  However, my fiance suggested "Oh Ho Ho It's Magic" for our recessional song and I love the idea!  When I mentioned it to my mom, she was stunned.  I really think that if we decide to use it she will be ok with that, but I was surprised... that she was surprised!  I feel like having a fun, upbeat, recessional song is not that uncommon.  Based on the weddings you've attended, do you think using this song would really be that unusual? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Upbeat Recessional Songs in a Traditional Ceremonies?

• Options
    I think its absolutely fine.  Have fun with it!

If you are getting married in a church, you should probably check that its ok, but other than that, I see no reason not to do it.
  • Options
    I"m going to!  I believe it's a time to celebrate the vows you just took.  I think it's lovely to see a couple so excited about their commitment that they have to dance back down the aisle. 

Go for it!
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with a fun, upbeat recessional song. And I actually like your song choice. My wedding is in September (traditional & in a church) and we're planning to use "September" by Earth, Wind, & Fire. I like the fun party vibe it gives off and I think it'll show guests we're super happy about our union & prepare them for da awesome reception celebration to follow. I feel just because you're a bride and gettin married, doesn't mean you can't have a little fun too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards