Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

What are some good modern songs for wedding processional?

I am getting married in less than 2 months and I am having a very hard time finding good songs for my bridesmaids and myself to walk down the aisle to. I am thinking a normal song with lyrics for the girls and then an instrumental version of a song for me. I'm not into the extreme classical stuff. We love all types of music but country is our favorite. Any ideas would be greaty appreciated!!!!

Re: What are some good modern songs for wedding processional?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Neither are country, but our bridal party walked to "Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and then I walked down the isle to "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy.  They were perfect for us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am debating that over the rainbow! We love it but our wedding in country inspired and I think that sounds like your in the Caribbean haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ours was a beach wedding, so the Hawaiian sound worked for us.  :)  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are a string group in Phoenix and play modern stuff all the time- check out our "Corporate/Social Music" page for some good examples... we are playing Taylor's Swift's Love Story for one bride coming up :) 

Good luck!
  • Options
    sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Yellow" by Coldplay- instrumental version by Vitamin String Quartet
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am waliking down the isle to "Marry Me" by Train and my bridesmaids are walking down to "When you say nothing at all" by Allison Krauss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker .... image 223 Made the cut!
    image 201 Are ready to party! image 22 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BP is walking down to Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. As for me, I was planning to walk to Longing to Belong by Eddie Vedder until I heard Marry Me by Train today for the first time. Now I can't decide! lol
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards