Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Classic Rock Father/Daughter Song

Some of my favorite memories of my childhood were driving around with my dad listening to his favorite bands from his generation.  He'd throw in a tape and have me guess who the band was (Stones, Skynyrd, The Kinks, Marshall Tucker, Clapton, Bowie, Aerosmith..the list goes on and on) and it really bonded us.  
I asked him if he had any thoughts about our father/daughter dance and he didn't really have an idea.  I told him I'd like to play off the idea of our bonding and memories of listening to classic rock together when I was young and he liked that idea.  The problem is I'm not really finding anything appropriate for a father/daughter dance.  I know the perfect song is out there, I just need to find it.  Can anyone help????

Thanks,
Lindsay

Re: Classic Rock Father/Daughter Song

• "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith could kind of work; it might lean a bit too much on the romantic side, though.

I think "Two Steps Behind" by Def Leppard could be really sweet, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wild World by Cat Stevens, and Sweet Child O Mine, Guns & Roses
  • I danced to "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac with my dad.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Heart of Gold- Neil Young
    Wild Horses- Rolling Stones
    Songbird- Fleetwood Mac
    Best of my Love- Eagles
    Heaven- Warrant (too 80's?)
    Bridge over Troubled Water- Simon and Garfunkel
    All of my Love- Led Zeppelin
    Knockin on Heaven's Door- Bob Dylan

You could also ask your father if he has a song in mind, that would be sweet too.
    09/12- Dx PCOS; currently taking Metformin 1500mg.
    10/12-Married my best friend
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Forever Young - Bob Dylan
    In My Life - The Beatles

Not a classic rock song, but there's a great, really upbeat song by Sam Shaber that she wrote for her dad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vidas1NKPSc

• There's a great Beatlesque song by World Party that reminds me of my daughter cause it came out the year she was born called "She's the One"-- the Robbie williams version is more well known.------- Shine Shine by Barry Gibb has a kind of father daughter vibe-- but it's way more calypso/reggae----hmmmmm
  • Hey Jude,? Tiny Dancer? Isn't She Lovely?---Oh oh oh oh American Girl !  Tom Petty!-- thats really good ...and a near perfect classic rock vibe.-- You're My Best Friend?   Teach Your Children?- (csny)
  • "Handle Me with Care" Traveling Wilburys-- "Does Anybody Really Know what Time it Is?" Chicago--- "     When I'm 64"- the beatles-- "Be Bop a Lula (shes my baby)"- Gene vincent------
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards