Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Beginning of ceremony...

The song I have chosen for the beginning of the ceremony is 5 min and 26 seconds long.

Order of WP walking in:
Seating of Grandparents
Seating of Parents
12 bridesmaids/groomsman -6 pairs
2 flowergirls and 1 ringbearer
Father and Bride! (ME!!)

It is a fast verson of Canon Rock. FI plays electric guitar so it just works out perfectly!

How long is/was your beginning of ceremony songs? And do you think what I have planned will work?!

Re: Beginning of ceremony...

• Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, there's really no way to answer this. Is all depends on how long your aisle is and how much time it will take people to get down it. Can you get into your venue and time your walk with a stopwatch? I think that's the best way to figure it out. If you find the song isn't quite long enough, I think the natural thing to do would be to pick another song for your family members to walk to. You can choose another song for your walk too, I just got the impression you loved this song and wanted to walk to it yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you having the music played off of a recording, or is being played live? I found that live music is really the best way to go when you aren't sure because the musician can always improvise.  If the procession is done and the song isn't, a good musician will know how to end it without it sounding dumb, and vice versa. 

If it's off a recording, then definitely try to time it first. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on how long the aisle in your venue is really! If you get the chance you should always try and rehearse it before hand so that you get the timing right on the day!

Good Luck!

Jennie x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards