Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Very Nerdy Music.

But my fiance and I are considering using more nerdy music for the ceremony and the reception. Currently I'm thinking about Zelda ReOchastrated music (and Star Wars music was brought up... I found the idea of the Imperial March as the recessional song as extremely amusing [my fiance, not so much.. Not because the idea wasn't to his taste, but the Imperial March signals doom and a wedding didn't need doom. I just think I have a strange sense of humor] )
I was just wandering what other fun music others like us would consider perfect music for ceremony/reception. 

Re: Very Nerdy Music.

• There are some BEAUTIFUL pieces on the 25th Anniversary cd--they are definitely making it into our ceremony, not sure quite how. It's nice because it still sounds like classical music for older relatives, and younger guests will totally get the melodies from Zelda :)
    For Star Wars, you could use the Love Theme (Han and Leia's Theme) or the Victory Celebration for your processional, they would be pretty appropriate. FI and I were thinking that if we do use the Imperial March, it would be for the bridal/groom party's entrance into the reception, and we could have a little fun with it.
    Good luck!!
  • I'm walking down the aisle to the Throne Room theme from A New Hope (the victory march music at the end of the movie), and I think my recessional is going to be from the Doctor Who soundtrack (Song of Freedom from the S4 soundtrack, if you're interested.)  Haven't picked a bridal party prcessional song yet, but Concerning Hobbits is very popular among the geeky wedding music crowd, so I might do that.
  • This is the best thread I have ever seen on these boards.

I'm walking to an excerpt from the Return of the King soundtrack, and we're entering the reception to the Imperial March. I haven't settled on a recessional yet.

We're also playing the victory fanfare from Final Fantasy when we kiss.

What I'd really like to find, though, is something nerdy we can use for our first dance. Any suggestions there?
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_very-nerdy-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:3e18d4fd-8241-4011-ad92-e6e4e7098b16Post:0342ec50-4747-4329-9314-53a07f6e3446">Re: Very Nerdy Music.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm walking down the aisle to the Throne Room theme from A New Hope (the victory march music at the end of the movie),</strong> and I think my recessional is going to be from the Doctor Who soundtrack (Song of Freedom from the S4 soundtrack, if you're interested.)  Haven't picked a bridal party prcessional song yet, but Concerning Hobbits is very popular among the geeky wedding music crowd, so I might do that.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome!! We're planning to have this be our recessional song. I will have to take a listen to the Doctor Who soundtrack. I'm kind of stumped on what to have for the processional, and we're both huge fans of the show.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't planning on having any prelude music but thanks to this, I am now considering Zelda orchestra music since Zelda is a very big thing with us. FI didn't want anything "gaming" in the wedding but I think I can convince him with this.

As for other "nerdy" music, I was thinking of using Lucky in my Life by Eiffel 65 for the recessional. It's not from a game or sci-fi show/movie but it is techno. Not something I've heard for a wedding but it fits who we are. Also love the mario kart love song but we aren't having dancing at our reception.
  • Checkout OCRemix!  Tons of orchestral video game remixes there for free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards