Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional Ideas!

I have no idea what I want to walk into at our wedding!  I originally thought I would choose Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole for several sentimental reasons, but some really close friends of ours JUST used that for their recessional, and I don't want to use the same song, since we will have a lot of the same guests.  

We are using a song that is special to us for several reasons, and is also part of an inside joke between my groom and I for our recessional, so I want a really good processional too, but I have NO CLUE what!  Give me some suggestions please!  :)   I want a song that is going to make me feel beautiful walking to...I'll be actually walking down a set of stairs that is in front of our guests as a surprise, instead of from behind them.  I want something dramatic!  

Re: Processional Ideas!

• Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure that no one is going to judge or not think your processional song isn't special just because someone else used it. They probably won't even remember someone else used it — the only reason you do is because you want to use it.

Go ahead and use it. It'll make you feel beautiful and has special sentimental value for you. That's the most important thing, not whether someone else has used it.
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree whole-heartedly with pp, but if you're worried about it, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole also did a rendition of "What a Wonderful World"
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless your friend who used the same song is also a family member, you probably only had "friends" in common. If I wanted to use a song that someone used the WEEK before, I would. "Over the Rainbow" is a beautiful song. Use it
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think you should use the song if you are comfortable- but if you are going to be worrying about your friends feelings or reaction that you used the same song then pick something else! The last thing you want to do on your day is worry about what someone else is thinking! I am walking down the aisle to Lauren Hill's "you're just to good to be true"- it doesn't have any sentimental value aside from the fact that I like the song, but I think it's a really fun, modern, and beautiful song to walk down the aisle to! Hope this helps!

• Options
    peteholepetehole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha!  mh, that's funny...one of the ideas I actually had was the Frankie Vallie version of Can't Take My Eyes Off You.

And, I know I shouldn't care so much about other people, buy my MOH made a face when I brought it up about using that song (she was in the wedding of our other friend who used it).  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Israel's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as our processional as a tribute. It was a song I had always loved, and always thought of using. Turns out that a couple we're friends with (and who in some ways brought us together) used that song as their recessional. We're using the song in part because I love it, and in part as a subtle tribute to them for helping to bring us together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    kmshankkmshank member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the song is so great and thanks for the idea beacuse i am now going to steal it!  Are you just walking down the isle to this song?  Or are your briddesmaids also walking down the isle to the same song?  Will you allow the entire song to play even if it wont take that long for you to walk down the isle?  Kathryn McPhee also has a beautiful remake of the song and it could still mean the same just not by the same artist.  
  • Options
    eslteacher28eslteacher28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had this song in my mind, but I thought I was unheard of at a wedding!!! So now I think I am going to go on with it. I also think you should use whatever makes you comfortable. It's your day!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards