Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Music debate

I hate most of the pop music right now.
But a lot of the guests like it, but I really wouldn't be on the dance floor at all because I don't like it.
I want country and classic rock to be the main focal point- with a few of the pop...
Unfortunately my FH and I are arguing over what songs we want... I want to include a few actual rock songs- he's complaining that no one will dance or that "it's not wedding music"
Then he wants to have a load of Christian music (which I am Christian and I tend to like it) but the stuff he wants to have is the Christian counterpart to the bands he's nixing from me... that part I've just decided to just let go.
What can I do about this? Do I put in more music I don't like to make everyone happy?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Music debate

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think that you should have music that will make you & FI happy as well as your guests. HIgh quality DJs/entertainment should be able to balance this without a problem.

I would sit down with your FI and make a must play list & a alternate list. For the must play try to make it a list of songs both your guest and yourselves would enjoy.

HTH!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't plan on setting up music selections other then our first dance songs and telling the DJ the songs I DON'T want him to play. I think the whole point of the DJ is to set the mood for the reception and certain songs are appropriate for certain times, I wouldn't want to inhibit his creativity. I will tell him what kind of music we generally listen to, but that's about it. I guess I just don't want to spend the time letting it be an issue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards