Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Dance

My relationship with my father is extremely special.  He raised me by himself practically since I was twelve.  I want a really special song for the father daughter dance.  Any ideas?

Re: Father Daughter Dance

• edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about Tina Turner's Simply the Best :)
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I Loved Her First by Heartland
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because You Loved Me- Celine Dion
    Have I told you Lately- Rod Stewart
    My Girl- The Temptations 
    Just a few popular ideas
    x
  • lnhurst2lnhurst2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    King of the World, Point of Grace.  It makes me cry every time.
  • jessrayne10jessrayne10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a few ideas:

My Wish by Rascal Flatts----we're using this one!
    Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
    I Loved her First by Heartland
    Daddy's Angel (not sure who this is from)-----this was a close second!

• edited December 2011
    Our song is absolutely unconventional, but so are we!  My dad is a music junkie and has every kind of music imaginable on his iPod.  We are dancing to "My Daughter's Wedding Day" by Arthur Godfrey.  His voice is definitely different, but it's a cute song. 
  • kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dance With Me Daughter by Michael McDermott
  • BeccaLynn82BeccaLynn82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
  • edited December 2011
    I'll always be your baby -Natalie Grant.  Makes me cry everytime. 
     Cinderella By Steven Curtis Chapman
    I loved her first- Heartland.   All three of these make me cry.  If you don't want to cry during the dance I'd suggest "You've got a friend" by James Taylor 
    "Unforgetable" by Nat King Cole is also a great choice.  Good luck and let us know what you decide!
  • JenJen227JenJen227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father and I always dance disco together... So instead of a slow song where we will both be ultra emotional, we are going to dance disco to "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel" by Tavares.  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    My Little Girl- Tim McGraw
  • sbenson419sbenson419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad passed away 3 yrs ago but i was going to use the song by Chelsea Lynn "Daddys little Girl" she wrote it herself at age 12. she is from CT. you can hear the song on her website www.Chelsealynn.com

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using "Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)" by Billy Joel. If you haven't heard it.... I totally teared up the first time I listened to it.

• edited December 2011
    I second "my little girl" by Tim Mcgraw
  • edited December 2011
    I Hope you Dance by Leann Womack
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to dance with my father to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw I just love that song..so true and I am his only daughter and it is very fitting!
  • edited December 2011
    So I've spent the last hour in tears listening to these songs because they are all so beautiful.  I didn't post the original thread, but I'm very appreciative of all the suggestions.  I had always planned to dance with my father to "I Am Your Child" by Barry Manilow.  Now it will be hard to choose, but I'm leaning toward "King of the World" by Point of Grace.  It fits us really well.  I'm loving these forums - they're always so helpful!
  • Ishaba11Ishaba11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know most people hate her but Butterfly Fly Away from Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray is a beautiful song and very fitting. It's slow though.  and yes I know I'm a huge dork because it's in the Hannah Montana movie but my nieces love it so I could pretty much sing that song by heart now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards