Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Modern Ceremony Playlist

Anyone want to share theirs?
We are going with Edwin McCain's "Walk with you" for me to march out to with my dad.
FI is singing a surprise song to me during the ceremony. I'm pretty sure it's a Michael Buble song since that is almost ALL we will listen to, and he often serenades me with many of his songs. Well speaking of serenade, it could also be a Secondhand Serenade song too. Or Corey Crowder. I need to stop guessing haha!
As for the end of the ceremony I think we are going out to the tune of "The 
Best Thing" by Relient K. It has a great open, very 'us' and is one of the first 'songs' we had together after our first few weeks of dating!
Also, any music before I come out and for any places we may need music will be various Vitamin String Quartet Songs.
Blah, Blah, Blah.. Anyways, does anyone want to share their ceremony list? Any kinds. Classical, modern and all the in-betweens.
Screw you weight loss ticker.
Oh well, need to lose 30 pounds to be back to my pre-baby weight.
Let the diet continue..

Re: Modern Ceremony Playlist

• Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is mine :

Intro Processional: Brad Paisley: She's everything Jack Johnson:  Better TogetherAlison Krauss: When you say nothing at allBeyonce: At Last Kenny Chesney: Me And You Can't Help Falling In Love: Elvis Presley Faith Hill & Tim McGraw: It's Your LoveTrain: Marry MeMichael Buble: Crazy love Parents/Wedding party entrance: Shadow of the day Vitamin String QuartetProcessional: Pachelbel - Canon In D (violin)Reccesional: Up Soundtrack Married Life
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had never even heard of Edwin McCain's song until this post- thank you so much for posting this!! I listened to it and it fits my dad and I so well (I grew up riding horses and it was always our thing together and a song that mentions horse shows- I'm in!!).

We are still debating part of our ceremony music but this is what we have so far:
    Before the processional we will have love songs special to us but immediately (last song) before the processional will be Carrie Underwood "Mama's Song"
    Parents/wedding party: "Oh Love" Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood
    Processional in-between (I'm arriving in a carriage with my dad since the horse thing was always special between my dad and I) to Edwin McCain "Walk with You"
    Processional (down the aisle) Pachelbel - Canon in D
    Unity Wine Song: Chantel "Feels like Home"
    Recessional: Black Eyed Peas "Got a feeling"

I think the music is one of my favorite parts of the wedding so far- I think it's a great and personal way to "customize" parts of the ceremony!
  • Options
    paulinempaulinem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine is really non traditional - mostly songs we really love! 

intro/processional: the XX- intro

Recessional: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic zeros- Home

First dance: She & Him- Sweet Darlin'
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great choices paulinem!  I'm planning on chosing non-traditional songs as well, it will fit us so much better.
  • Options
    suze68suze68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using songs from broadway musicals...sorry, I copied this from my programs and I can't get it to change the font or size.

SEATING OF THE MOTHERS:

“Slipping Through My Fingers”..................Mama Mia

ATTENDANTS PROCESSIONAL:

“For Good”………………………………………Wicked

BRIDAL PROCESSIONAL:

“Mendelssohn’s Wedding March” A Midsummer's Nights Dream
    RECESSIONAL: “I’ll Cover You”...............................................Rent
    image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the band Owl City and I found a beautiful Piano Tribute cover of his song "Vanilla Twilight" we're going to use for the processinal.  Still deciding but looking at Bruno Mars "Marry You" for the recessinal!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards