Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Only Maid of honor..different song needed

So I am 12 days away from the wedding and trying to finalize music.  
We are only having a Maid of honor/best man with no other attendents and I wondered if we could use the same music for the seating of the parents amd Maid of honor.
I found a beautiful instrumental version of Across the Universe which is about 4minutes long and was thinking of having it play in its entirety for parents and Maid of honor walking down the aisle.
Is anyone doing something similar??

Re: Only Maid of honor..different song needed

• Options
    maloegeringmaloegering member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our first wedding we only had 1 attendant on each side.  Our parents walked down to The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli.  And my attendant walked down right before I did to Canon in D.  You can do your music however you feel, there are no written rules.  You can always have the attendants go down during the same music as your parents.
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We only had a MOH, BM and FG.  I used one song for the families and BM seated H's aunts (honorary M'sOG).  I used one song, at least a portion of it, for my MOH to walk to.  It was a surprise to her (instrumental of Bridge Over Troubled Water, which is our song) and she cried.  :)  My FG walked into the first 30 seconds or so of the same song I walked into and it worked out really well since there was a clear change in the song where I started walking and the guests stood up. 

Like PP said, you can work it however you like.  For me though, I liked having a clear differentiation in the music.

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't really do special seatings, so we didn't pick special music for that. We only had a MOH and best man with us -- they walked down just before I did to an acoustic guitar version of Canon in D.
  • Options
    rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing what you are planning on doing. I figured the walks were short enough that it would of been silly to have 3 different songs (Moms, MOH FG RB, Me). So the moms MOH FG RB will walk down to Canon in D (played on acoustic guitar) then it will switch to joy of mans desire as I walk in.

Do what you feel is right for you guys, there is no right or wrong way to do the music
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards