Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Help with country wedding songs

Alright, I'm at the point where Im trying to figure out our key songs.
So far, I have :
Processional - Mama's Song - Carrie Underwood
Recessional - Marry Me (First Dance Mix) - Train
First Dance - Me & You - Kenny Chesney
I need help figuring out what to play for when the bridal party walks down the aisle (ceremony, not reception), the bridal party intro at the reception (i want bring em out - t.i, but the fi HATES rap), our grand entrance, and any other key songs that you usually pick.
Any input is welcome and appreciated!!  I like VSQ, but its not really gonna fit the style of the rest of the music and we definitely dont want anything traditional, like the wedding march.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Help with country wedding songs

• good picks so far :)

are you trying to specifically stick with all country? 

Bridemaids going down the aisle, (mine are doing "marry me" but you already picked that for your recesional)... so others that come to mind are:

Couldn't Ask For More (Sara Evans)
    From This Moment (Shania Twain)
    My Wish (Rascal Flatts)
    I Will Be There For You (jessica Andrews)

as for reception into, if you are intro-ing girls separate from guys, "girls run the world" from beyonce could be fun; we did "foxy ladies" from (jimi hendrix) at my best friends wedding and that was fun. If you want to stick with Country you can have "This Ones's For The Girls." 

Or if they are doing couples, you can do Sexy Back and have them catwalk in.  Or country pick the first one that comes to mind is"Ladies Love Country Boys"   I dunno! So many options!  I never remember what people into to so I doubt anyone will judge you!

your grand entrance should be a song you can both have fun with while entering.  Crazy in Love from Beyonce & Jay Z  comes to mind, or maybe there is a song the two love dancing too that is a fun option!?   

Anniversary
  • edited November 2012
    FH really wants strictly country, and i'm kinda thinking about letting that happen cuz i like country, and he really hasn't had much input on other parts of the planning. : marry me and similar stuff could fly, though. i'm on mobile right now, so i can't see my OP, and i don't remember if i wrote it before or after i decided this, but i think i'm gonna do lucky by jason mraz as the wedding party is walking down the aisle approaching the "altar", our grand entrance might be livin on love by alan jackson, my father daughter dance will be i loved her first by heartland, and my fiance will have a special dance with my daughter to she thinks we're just fishin. : i can't think if there are any other reasons to pick out songs for .. hmmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • oh, and ladies love country boys is probably the best idea i've ever heard for their reception entrance!!!!!!!!! i love it, thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lady Ant-We owned the night?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards