Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Dance for Bride/Father and Groom/Mother

I don't know if this is common or not, but my fiancee and I decided to both have a dance with our parents at the same time. I'm stuck for a song. There are lots of father-daughter songs, but I don't want to use something like that when my fiancee will be with his mom.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. We love country music (Paul Brandt's I Do will be our song, as we love the song). So if it's something country, or a little older I think it would be best suited for us.

Thanks in advance,
Tonya

Re: Dance for Bride/Father and Groom/Mother

• Options
    My dad and I are dancing to the Johnny Cash version of You Are My Sunshine. That could work for both.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    so i need some help with this, any suggestions are greatly welcomed..i am getting married in july and i wanted my stepdad who rasied me since i was 2, to walk me down and dance with me but sadly :( he passed away on feb.16 so my real father decided to step up and do the honor but i am have a really hard time finding a song to do the daughter/father dance, i dont want anything daddy related bc i feel it is disrespectfully on to  my stepdad and bc my real father wasnt there to rasie me or take care of me.... what should i do???? help!!!
  • Options
    so i need some help with this, any suggestions are greatly welcomed..i am getting married in july and i wanted my stepdad who rasied me since i was 2, to walk me down and dance with me but sadly :( he passed away on feb.16 so my real father decided to step up and do the honor but i am have a really hard time finding a song to do the daughter/father dance, i dont want anything daddy related bc i feel it is disrespectfully on to my stepdad and bc my real father wasnt there to rasie me or take care of me.... what should i do???? help!!!
  • Options
    Having a customized song, I think would be perfect for a situation like this.  <a href="http://www.songasagift.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.songasagift.com</a> is a good one and I think they have a musician out there in NYC, I also saw some others on Google.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dance-for-bridefather-and-groommother?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:55cb84a1-b1cc-451b-9f81-b290540978dePost:cfb1b761-a8b0-414c-9fe4-9a0c33ca2f33">Re: Dance for Bride/Father and Groom/Mother</a>:
    [QUOTE]so i need some help with this, any suggestions are greatly welcomed..i am getting married in july and i wanted my stepdad who rasied me since i was 2, to walk me down and dance with me but sadly :( he passed away on feb.16 so my real father decided to step up and do the honor but i am have a really hard time finding a song to do the daughter/father dance, i dont want anything daddy related bc i feel it is disrespectfully on to  my stepdad and bc my real father wasnt there to rasie me or take care of me.... what should i do???? help!!!
    Posted by JC71312[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    My father and I are dancing to I hope you Dance by LeeAnn Womack. I think it could work for mother/son as well.
    159image 122image 37image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards