Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Surprise First Dance

So, my FI and I have tried to work on our first song. He was always joking saying he wanted Tale As Old As Time from Beauty and the Beast. I never really took him serious. Well, finally we settled on between two songs eventally settling on one. Just out of curiousity I asked if he had a choice between Tale As Old As Time and the other two, without my input at all, which would he pick. He said he would like Tale As Old As Time, but he still likes the song we picked together.
Now, honestly I have no real preference in our first song. Our last song is what it is important to us (It would have been our first song, but it's alil too upbeat for what I would like as a first slow dance, so we agreed to have it as our last dance song). I was thinking about surprising him by changing the first dance to Tale As Old As Time. We aren't going to have any choregraphy to worry about, so I don't worry about dance moves changing. I thought it would be a sweet idea and a nice surprise. Any ideas on if this?

Re: Surprise First Dance

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a very cute idea! I love that song and would get super excited to see someone dancing to it as their first dance.
  • edited December 2011
    I think its a really cute song and, like PP, would be pretty excited if I went to someone's wedding and that was their dance song. As far as the surprise aspect... I don't know. It might be better to leave the surprises out of it and just tell him that you'd like to do that song. But that's just me...
  • edited December 2011
    If he really likes it, and you're not invested in it one way or another, I say go for it. As for surprising him, I think it sounds like a sweet gesture and I bet he'd really appreciate it and you for thinking of it.
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    go for it!

you can always play your second choice song sometime throughout the night. that way you can have both! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards