Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Appropriate vs. Inappropriate?

Hi,

i'm  having a reception on Aug 14. My DJ asked me what i'd like to hear at the party. It's not a traditional reception. It's more of a summer party get-together for the family but for the reason of my marriage. Aside from the blatantly obvious, what would be inapproprate music to play at the party? I'm just worried about offending people.

So far we have picked Beatles (we are huge fans), 60's and 80's and a little country (for my parents <3). I don't want to be limited to just that. Should I be a little more choosy so i'm not restricted to just what i've picked? Is there anything not-so- obvious that i should not play?

Obvious:
lots of profanity
metal
hard rock
Rap
hip hop

Thanks!!!

Re: Appropriate vs. Inappropriate?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that seems to cover the important stuff, the rest of that list will be personal for instance my list would include anything by the village people and most if not all disco, but as I said thats personal preference. just try to find a balance of slow fast and genre's maybe make a play list and count how many of each type of song you have and see if it balences?
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If your DJ is good and you give him a must play list and a do not play under any circumstances list he should be able to make it work
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell your DJ exactly what you told us.
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your DJ is experienced with weddings, I'm sure they're used to catering to a mixed crowd of ages and tastes. Just tell them exactly what you don't want and be as specific as possible. "Inappropriate" is different to different people so if your family is very conservative communicate that to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    seems like a good list!
  • Options
    arichards34arichards34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally..I want nothing to do with a chicken dance or macarena!
    sunny days, sweeping the clouds away..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards