Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

How much should a DJ be?

I know it all depends on the services the DJ is providing for you, but if you are getting a well-reviewed, experienced DJ to just play music at the reception without any uplighting or monogram packages, how much should you expect to pay?  I'm in the process of getting quotes and at this point I don't know what would be considered a lot of money for a DJ and what is a normal price.  I don't want to choose a DJ and end up paying more than what is normal simply because I was ignorant!  Can anyone give me an estimate on what they are expecting to pay or have paid?  Thanks!

Re: How much should a DJ be?

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You should probably post this on your local board.  The price is going to vary greatly from place to place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lylacorkernlylacorkern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting a DJ just like you described and he's fantastic.  Offered to sit down with us several times for consultations.  He is $100/hour flat.  Seems perfectly accurate to me.
  • Options
    S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We paid around $895 for 6 hours of DJ I believe.  Our DJ also worked with us coordinating our own first dance song mix and worked wtih my Mom and Dad putting together a video slideshow for the Father/Daughter dance.  Also, we are in Upstate/Central NY.  But I agree you could get a better estimate if you post on your local board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards