Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bob Seger

My dad and I are huge fans of Bob Seger. He also like any music from this time. I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a daddy daughter dance?

Re: Bob Seger

• Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You mean you don't want to dance to "Night Moves"?  :) 

What about The Eagles?  "Love Will Keep Us Alive" might work - its more a song about love than being in love romantically.  "Here Comes My Girl" by Tom Petty might work too.

That's not exactly a soft and fuzzy genre you're working with... you might have to do some digging to find something great!  Maybe try creating a Bob Seger station on Pandora and see what that turns up.  Good luck!

• noel1krnoel1kr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The closest song that I thought was a winner was Lullaby (Goodnight my sweetheart) byt Billy Joel. What do you think about that? 
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  Great choice.

I take so much crap from my friends for liking Billy Joel but I can't help it - he's awesome!  :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Noel, EVERYONE in Michigan likes Bob Seger! I also read he's going on tour again in the spring!

You mean you both don't want to slide across the floor a la Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" and dance to "Old Time Rock & Roll"? That's my fave!

What about "We've Got Tonight"? Not too "weird", it means you and he just have tonight, then you go become a wife. It's here on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SxQ5BSJPc

As I watch that, I could imagine crying dancing with MY dad (if he were younger and liked Bob Seger, LOL)

• noel1krnoel1kr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was the song that I wanted but i did think that people would think it was weird. Thanks for the help!
    edited December 2011
    That's a pretty song to be sure, but if I can be perfectly honest I think its an odd choice for a father / daughter dance.  If you read over the lyrics its apparent that its about a guy hooking up with a girl even though he knows she's not into him. 

I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, I just wanted to let you know honestly I don't think that's a great choice.  But if you and your dad love it, who cares what I think, right?
  • noel1krnoel1kr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol thank you for being honest. that is what i was thinking and that is  why i was staying away from it. 
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bob-seger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:65a8ddc2-02ea-48f7-9873-4f7b8c99d9a3Post:05c8706c-2996-40be-90dd-7905bfa1bfe2">Re: Bob Seger</a>:
    [QUOTE]You mean you don't want to dance to "Night Moves"?  :)  What about The Eagles?  "Love Will Keep Us Alive" might work - its more a song about love than being in love romantically.  "Here Comes My Girl" by Tom Petty might work too. That's not exactly a soft and fuzzy genre you're working with... you might have to do some digging to find something great!  Maybe try creating a Bob Seger station on Pandora and see what that turns up.  Good luck!
    Posted by Robyn5298[/QUOTE]

here comes my girl by tom petty is what I am walking down the isle to!!! =D
  • noel1krnoel1kr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any new ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards