Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Wouldnt Change a Thing by Matthew West

My fiance and I really like the song Wouldn't Change a Thing by Matthew West.  The story it tells is perfect for us.  However, I feel like the beat of it is too quick for what we really want.  Does anyone know of a song similar in words or story but with slower music?

Thanks!

Re: Wouldnt Change a Thing by Matthew West

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I are using "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West. We were going to use "When God Made You" by Natalie Grant & Newsong, but we just discovered Matthew West's songs and decided to change it. "Hold You Up" is also another great one by Matthew West (he just has so many awesome songs!). "Here" by Rascal Flatts is probably VERY similar in lyrics. I absolutely LOVE that song. "Then" by Brad Paisley is also very good.

We are having one of our groomsmen sing and play Wouldn't Change a Thing" on his guitar for our sand ceremony (same as candle lighting ceremony). That might be an idea to still use the song if you love it alot. You can download the sheet music off of Matthew West's websit for $5. It's a pain in the butt tho... you will want to call them to walk you through the download process, it didn't work for me, I had to do it a different way than it tells you. If you do end up buying the sheet music, respond on here and I can tell you how I downloaded mine. :-)

Good luck! Hope I helped!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ashleycraig2ashleycraig2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all beautiful songs! 

The reason we like "wouldnt change a thing" so much is because of the words... like when he says "had a picture in my head of how i thought id all would go but look who showed up instead turns out you never know" because I actually grew up across the street from my Fiance and we never dated or really even thought about it.  Then i had come home from college one summer and it all changed....

so really, I am trying to find a song with a similar story, but slower music... music like Trains Marry Me is a better pace.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using When I Say I Do, and Hold You Up, both by Matthew West :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West as well
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    saraestakersaraestaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Please let me know how you downloaded the music! I have been searching all over for it. It is not available on matthew west's website anymore I believe.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am looking for the sheet music for this song.  I'm thinking about surprising my wife mid ceremony by singing it to her.  It looks like the sale of it has been taken down from Matthew's site.  Does anyone know another way of getting a copy of it?  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards