Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional Song?

Ok, I've decided on Apocalyptica's version of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" for the song I am going to be walking down the isle to but I am drawing a blank on a song for my wedding party to walk to. Any suggestions that would go well with this song? For those of you who are unfamiliar with that song, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTozgoj9OQ

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! 

Re: Processional Song?

• Options
    edited December 2011
     We are having our wedding party walk to the theme to "Forest Gump". It's so beyond beautiful. So I would suggest maybe going with a song that has speacial meaning to you both.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ariver, the one I chose for me to walk down to has meaning for both of us. The problem is...the songs that really have a lot of meaning for us aren't really love songs! And the songs that are, we have already chosen for dances at the reception. I think we are going have our first dance to a song from one of our favorite movies, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, called the Origin of Love. That theme song to Forest Gump is really beautiful!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If "your" songs aren't love songs, maybe you could try to see if Vitamin String Quartet does versions of them. That way they'll be more ceremonyish, but you'll still recognize them as songs you love.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding party is walking to the vitamin string quartet's version of hey there delilah. its a beautiful melody and still original.love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cryalex24cryalex24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing forrest gump also...lol..its very pretty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had to comment because we are also using Nothing Else Matters as the processional (for groom and wedding party)--my FI loves Metallica. You're the only other person I've found using the same song! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Queen Bitch by David Bowie  xD

November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mhutchins3mhutchins3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have to say I love that you guys are doing these different songs...I think my FI's grandmother almost fell over when I told her I wasn't walking down to "Here Comes the Bride" Haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria" (from the Sound of Music) as the song she walked down the aisle to.

Everyone thought it was hilarious
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards