Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Dance Song... I need some help

HI All!
I'm having a really hard time finding a song to dance with my step-father. My parents divorced when I was 3 and my mom remarried when I was 9. My step-dad has been more of a dad to me in the last 21 years than my bio father was in 23. Every song I love talks about when I was a baby and growing up. My stepdad missed out on all those years and I"m struggling to find the perfect song for us. If you were to ask him how many children he has he will tell you with out hessitation that he has 4 children, none of his own but we are his kids. I am his little girl if you ask him. I'm looking for some help for songs. Brad Pasley has a song but it's from a little boys point of view. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Father Daughter Dance Song... I need some help

• edited February 2013
    Do you have any style of music or particular artist that you both really appreciate? That might help you narrow down the options.

My dad taught me to love The Beatles, so we are choosing one of their songs for our dance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • we used "the way you look tonight" (sinatra), and that went over really well.
  • I've seen Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" used, and it's vague enough to avoid your problem with a lot of the music out there. Or, if your personalities/relationship makes more sense to up the sap level, Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella" starts out when the daughter was a little girl (pre-middle school), but of unspecified age. :)
  • Thank you all for the help. Hopefully we can figure it out.

• I too had to figure out a step-dad song. My step-dad came in my life when I was about 10, so I didn't want anything about growing up. I'm also still close with my dad, so I didn't want my step-dad song to offend him.

For my dance with my dad, I had my dad pick the song to surprise me. He's a huge Beetles fan, so he picked In My Life.

For my step-dad, I gave him some suggestions. We ended up going with When You Need Me by Bruce Spingsteen. This was also more his style opf music.

I think both songs could work for you, because they aren't about a little kid.
  • I loved her first by heartland
  • My current father daughter song obsession is Audra Mae and Forest Rangers version of Forevery Young. It's a sweet sentiment for any family relationship without getting that creepy vibe father daughter songs can take on,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards