Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Billie Jean?

My fiance and I went for a demo session with the DJ we're most likely going to hire for the reception and cocktail hour tonight. We want good dancing music. During his demo, he played two different versions of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," which is a great song.

After he was done, he asked what we thought. I said that I thought "Billie Jean" was a weird song for a wedding, considering it's about a guy denying that he fathered a child on a one-night stand. He looked at me like I was crazy, and said that it's one of the most requested songs at weddings anywhere. Whenever they play "Billie Jean," pretty much everyone gets on the dance floor. And he said nobody had ever brought that up before.

I don't think I'm going to put it on any do not play lists (though MJ has lots of other amazing songs that aren't about "just a girl who thinks that I am the one" that are more in the spirit of weddings), but I just wondered if any of the rest of you think I'm crazy.....

Re: Billie Jean?

• Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont think about the meaning when it comes to EVERY SINGLE song....if its a good dance song that will get everyone on the dance floor having a good time, so be it! They play the Chicken Dance (which will NOT be at my wedding!...thats on the "do not play " list for sure) at weddings, but that doesnt mean we want to be a chicken, right?

remember, it is YOUR wedding, so if you dont want the DJ to play it, who cares if he thinks you're crazy or whatever. you're paying him
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not crazy! That sounds like a strange wedding song to me, too, as much as I love it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be a very weird song for a first dance or the cake cutting or whatnot, but as just a song for people to dance to during the reception, especially if its requested...not so much
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think it is weird. they played the solija boi (sp?) song at a wedding a went to. Everyone was dancing. They played Nelly, Luadacris, etc. I don't think all songs have to be sappy live songs. if people are dancing, what does it matter.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards