Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Groom/Mother of the BRIDE Dance

My son-in-law to be and his family are estranged, so his mother will not be at the wedding/reception. I want him to have the full wedding experience, and since I'm his current "Mom", I want to be sure he gets a dance especially for him and I. I need some song suggestions!! He is a very sweet guy and I want to let him know how much I love and appreciate him. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Re: Groom/Mother of the BRIDE Dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some guys don't care about the whole wedding experience or would prefer to keep the number of dances that they are in the spotlight to a minimum, so I wouldn't set up a mother/son dance unless you're asked. If you want maybe you can offer with no pressure to your daughter. But offering to your future son-in-law would be putting him on the spot. And you don't have to have a formal dance to dance with your new son :)
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend asking your daughter first, if she thinks your FSIL would be ok with this... it's an incredibly sweet idea, but it also might just remind him that his estranged family ISN'T there, and what you intend as a wonderful, caring gesture might end up being something sad/bitter for him.

If it's something that he's interested in, this website looks has some good suggestions for Mother-Son Wedding dance songs, and you can listen to them on the site: http://www.wedalert.com/songs/motherson/index.asp
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Assuming your daughter and her FI like the idea of you doing a dance with him, I like My Wish by Rascal Flatts. It seems appropriate for the situation.
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about "You are loved" by josh groban assuming that you two are close. If not, it may seem a little cheesy.

Ditto on your daughter asking him if he would like to dance with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Momma's Song by Carrie Underwood
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards