Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Dance Song - Opinions please!

So FI and I have had difficulty picking a first dance song.  Latest thought is "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.  I like it because it's a waltz (we plan to take lessons and really should do that soon!), it's a bit different and not overplayed, and I love the lyrics.  What does everyone think?  Who has used it and did you find it easy to dance to?  What's everyone's opinion on the popularity of it as a first dance song (I'd like to avoid anything too trendy).

Re: First Dance Song - Opinions please!

• I love that song (we're playing it during dinner or cocktail hour. I totally agree...we didn't want anything too trendy either. Pick something that suites you and your finance in the end. We chose Michael Buble's version of Moondance since we're not a mushy love-dovey type and wanted something just really up beat and fun.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-song-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:8379f42e-eb63-460d-b3ae-5d5b927aea17Post:9df98b10-8920-4814-b557-5b6966f96cd3">First Dance Song - Opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So FI and I have had difficulty picking a first dance song.  Latest thought is "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.  I like it because it's a waltz (we plan to take lessons and really should do that soon!), it's a bit different and not overplayed, and I love the lyrics.  What does everyone think?  Who has used it and did you find it easy to dance to?  What's everyone's opinion on the popularity of it as a first dance song (I'd like to avoid anything too trendy).
    Posted by Jager1219[/QUOTE]

Love the song.  But I think it's getting pretty common, both on the radio and at weddings.  We recently went to a wedding where it was the bride and groom's first dance.  BUT, if you love it, who cares!  And at least you'll remember your wedding often whenever it comes on the radio.  Enjoy!
  • I was also thinking about having this as my first song but the FI doesn't like the song, says its not what he wants his first dance with me to be. I think it is becoming more popular but depending on how far away your wedding its your choice, its a great song.
  • Perfect Wedding Song and First Dance Song- That's You by Gary Tackett featuring Santana's lead singer Tony Lindsay. Go to www.perfectweddingsong.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards