Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Renting a sound system?

My brother-in-law's brother offered to DJ at our wedding.  He has a mixer, but we would need to rent a PA system for him to use.  Does anybody know if there is any kind of less expensive things we could use for that?  Like just speakers or something?

Re: Renting a sound system?

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Any local and legit entertainment company should have what you need. Call around and ask for some pricing.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TheDJAdvisorTheDJAdvisor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why would you have a non- professional person DJ your wedding?  DOn;t you care about how things turn out?  Why don't you have a family member cook the food and use the money you saved on the food to pay a great DJ that will make sure everyonr will have a great time.  Otherwise if your brother in law's brother isn't good, you will hear about it for the rest of your lives.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There are plenty of talented people out there who don't make money off of their talents.  I am having a friend DJ my reception, and I'm in the same boat as OP, I just need to find some local equipment.

And no, PP who is just out to promote his own business, you will not hear about a bad DJ for 'the rest of your lives'

murrayed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards