Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Non-Traditional Processional, What to do about Recessional?

I'm planning on having our cellist and violinist play "Don't Stop Believin" for the processional, do you think it would be odd to do a traditional recessional?  I'd be more than ok with them playing another nontraditional recognizable song, but I'm having trouble thinking of one.  Any ideas or thoughts on going traditional at the end?

Re: Non-Traditional Processional, What to do about Recessional?

• Options
    I don't think it will be odd to play a traditional recessional, dependant of the type of song.  What song were you tihinking?  I think Don't Stop Believein would sound better as the recessional, imo. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks,  I was thinking about changing it to the recessional and doing just a traditional processional since I haven't found anything that has wow'ed me.
  • Options
    I think it is whatever you are feeling would be right for your ceremony.  If you are doing a non traditional processional then it might be nice to do the same for the recessional.  For our wedding we are having the accoustic version of I'll Be by Edwin McCain for the bridal party and then for me we are doing "Marry Me" by Train the acousic version - I still haven't found a song for the recessional.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards