Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Reception music flow

Hello!  I am planning on doing an ipod reception and was just wondering if anyone had any advice on that.  Also, how should the reception flow?  We're planning on have about a 5 hour reception with dinner and then dancing.  I've never been to a wedding with dancing, so I'm not sure how the music really flows.  About how many fast/slow songs should I have and in what order?  Any help is much appreicated.  Thanks!

~*~Sarah~*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception music flow

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to an Ipod reception but something that may be helpful would be to have someone be in charge of it or handle it for the day.

I would have different playlists for cocktail, dinner, etc. and just try to keep and even flow of everything.

HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing an ipod reception too....  and I'm having the same problems!  I'm trying to structure things with 3 or 4 fast songs and then 1 or 2 slow songs.  And I really only have about 2 hours of "dance" music... the rest is going to be background music for cocktails and dinner.  I'm also planning on having someone run the ipod and act as MC... you know, starting and stopping the music for toasts, cake-cutting, making announcements, things like that.  Oh, Kim already posted that... oops!

I'm definitely doing what Kim suggested.... I've created separate playlists for different events!

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards