Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

uncle/daughter dance...help!!!!!!

Im getting married next year and just started working on music. I dont have any living parents or grandparents so ill be doing the father/daughter dance with my uncle. Any song suggestions?????? Help!!!!

Melanie

Re: uncle/daughter dance...help!!!!!!

• Options
    kaijasmomkaijasmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont have a suggestion for you but my uncle will be giving me away and dancing with me too! picking songs is hard, I have been avoiding it so far!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something that is special for the two of you? Maybe look at the music he likes and go from there.

Also, it's okay to skip the "parent" dance. If it's important to you, than by all means. But guests usually don't care to watch them. You could always just ask him  to dance at some point in the night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not at all looking forward to the father(uncle)/daughter dance. My uncle raised me and we're close I just never really thought of him as a father.... So the whole thing just feels weird and I'd love to skip it. However, if we don't do a mother/son dance my FMIL would be heartbroken and never forgive us. I don't want to make a fuss and it's more important for them to dance then it's important for me not to so I'll do it. For us, it is just not an option to skip it w/o hurting family.

It's hard enough to pick a father/daughter song I totally understand your situation. I'll probably go with a Billy Joel song because we're from Long Island and people think my uncle looks like the singer.

Good luck with your selection.  

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" -- Stevie Wonder

"This Will Be (Everlasting Love)" -- Nat King Cole

I am in the same predicament and wanted something slighlty less sappy and more upbeat! Hope these inspire you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards