Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Tacky?

At my wedding Im not having any dancing, so obviously I did not want to hire a DJ. I was wondering if it was tacky to have background music over the sound system playing Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble type music? I thought I could hire a bad but with this economy Im trying to cut costs here and there without the weding being tacky and unsophisticated. What do you think?

Re: Tacky?

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tacky is a bit of an overused word...

That being said, no I don't think it's unreasonable at all to have background music playing.  I think it is a great plan actually, and I might think it was strange if you don't have background music.  An iPod with speakers would be fine for this, especially if you don't have dancing.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on the iPad thing. This is actually becoming really popular to cut costs down from hiring a DJ or a band. I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • SoccerChic31SoccerChic31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    We aren't having dancing, and will be having a Ipod playing background music.... The music I am choosing is goin gto be modern and fun so that people feel like partying....  Since there isn't going to be a dance floor, the reception venue is going to bring in and set up some funky couches and make a lounge area!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards