Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Paying Ceremony Musicians

I am having a friend of mine sing during my ceremony.  How much do you all suggest we pay him to do so?

Re: Paying Ceremony Musicians

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Did he mention anything or is he leaving it totally up to you?

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having friends play a string quartet.  I've played weddings before for other friends, and generally $100 per person is about right (which is way under union wages, but it's for a friend).  That way if he wants he can give the money right back to you as your wedding gift if he likes, but you've made the gesture of appreciation.
  • Options
    davis2cruzdavis2cruz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, he never mentioned anything... so I guess he's leaving it up to us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask him how much his fee will be and leave it up to him to either give you a price or deem it his "gift" to you.  If he says he wants it to be a gift, I would probably get him a small gift anyway as a gesture of thanks.

ETA:  Geez, how many times can I say gift in a sentence? :-P
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What Sunshine said.  Ask him what his fee is, that leaves it up to him to either charge you his regular fee, a discounted fee, or make it a gift.  But this should really be his call, not yours.  (And of course as Sunshine said, if he tells you it's his gift to you, you should get him a gift, like a GC to his favourite restaurant.)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I do weddings solo or with a pianist, I ask $150...
    But for my wedding, they are all close friends in my church band, so they are getting gifts and the group as a whole is getting an emergency kit!

Sorry if I came off vendor-like!  I'm not, I promise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards