Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Help! Father/Daughter song?

Hello Ladies, 
I need help. I can't find a father/daughter dance song that fits for me. My father became my step father when I was 12 and adopted me 5 years later. I don't want a depressing song, rather something special, but haven't found a song I like that doesn't talk about being a baby or young child. Is any one else in this situation? All ideas/suggestions welcome!

Re: Help! Father/Daughter song?

• Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you talked to him and see if he had any ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have asked him if he had anything in mind and he said 'whatever you want to dance to will make me happy.'  While thats very sweet, it is no help at all haha
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    There is a Brad Paisley song called "Half the dad he didn't have to be".  It's about a step-father and son instead of daughter but it's all I've got for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you asked your DJ/band for suggestions? Maybe they would be helpful (I'm hoping!). I'm in the same boat and also don't want something really sappy. I'm thinking of "Stand by Me".

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jersey, I hadn't even thought to ask the dj that is a good idea I will send him an e-mail about it. I was told by a co worker about a song my Edwin McCain called Walk With you which is pretty nice. Im still searching though!
  • Options
    JrschroederJrschroeder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I need a song, too! I'm over "Butterfly Kisses" and "I Loved Her First." Anything but those! LOL

I would like to find something a little older than the last 10 years. My first dance with my honey is "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton so I'd like to find something a little more vintage since we're all into that kind of thing.

IDEAS?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I will probably use "Little Miss Magic" by Jimmy Buffet.

• Options
    JrschroederJrschroeder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just happened to find a post about a song by Lady Antebellum, "Never Alone." A little cheesy, but it's really pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JRschroeder, I'm the same way... over the newer songs that everyone uses.  I'm thinking about using Daddy's Little Girl by Al Martino (Dean Martin).  It's old fashioned and I've never heard it at any wedding I've been to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards