Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

All father/daughter mother/son dance????

Long story short here  my father and I arent spotlight people and I am beginning to think this father/daughter dance will be the death of us both. I know it will be very awkwark for us both and I dont want that. So my thought is what if we have all the fathers and their daughters step out on the dance floor and share in the moment? that way we arent the center of attention but we still have our moment as well.  thoughts???

Re: All father/daughter mother/son dance????

• I like that idea.  The photographer can still snap a couple photos, but you're not the center of attention.
    ...make sure you know that there will be other father/daughter couples in attendance. it would be kind of silly if there's only 1 or 2 others!

....FWIW, we combined father/daughter and mother/son  so that hubby and I danced at the same time. this was nice too.
  • My friend did this and it was very sweet.  However she did start the dance with just her and her dad and then about a minute into the dance they asked all the daddy/daughter couples to join.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_all-fatherdaughter-motherson-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:8ef9bf20-53d4-4052-8eec-d3f62b5c2cfePost:204f75ec-46d7-4fb5-a459-10bb197b50fb">Re: All father/daughter mother/son dance????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like that idea.  The photographer can still snap a couple photos, but you're not the center of attention. ...make sure you know that there will be other father/daughter couples in attendance. it would be kind of silly if there's only 1 or 2 others! ....FWIW, we combined father/daughter and mother/son  so that hubby and I danced at the same time. this was nice too.
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]
    That's a great idea! If it's not too forward to ask, which song did you play that went well for both father/daughter and mother/son dance?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_all-fatherdaughter-motherson-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:8ef9bf20-53d4-4052-8eec-d3f62b5c2cfePost:204f75ec-46d7-4fb5-a459-10bb197b50fb">Re: All father/daughter mother/son dance????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like that idea.  The photographer can still snap a couple photos, but you're not the center of attention. ...make sure you know that there will be other father/daughter couples in attendance. it would be kind of silly if there's only 1 or 2 others! ....FWIW, we combined father/daughter and mother/son  so that hubby and I danced at the same time. this was nice too.
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]
    That's a great idea! If it's not too forward to ask, which song did you play that went well for both father/daughter and mother/son dance?
  • I am struggling with this same issue, my dad and I are amazingly close but I still wouldn't slow dance with him. It's about the most awkward situation I can think of. But you definitely don't want to miss the photo op. I like the idea of opening the dance floor to the other father/daughters after you've had a moment or two. Also it might help to pick a song with an upbeat tempo so any dancing will be less of the awkward side to side shuffle and feel more effortless If you aren't keen on dancing you and your dad could each pick a passage to read to each other or do a father daughter shot if you've got a dad who likes to toss one back or something that reflects on your relationship with each other and something you share as a common interest. My dad and I are toying with the idea of a father daughter cocktail before we hit the dance floor to lighten the mood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards