Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

What are you doing for F/D, M/S Dance?

How are you deciding on the song(s) for the Father/Daughter, Mother/Son dance?

I am getting together a list of about 10-ish songs, and letting my dad decide. If he wants something else that's not on the list, though, we can do that too. So really, it's all my Daddy's decision!
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you doing for F/D, M/S Dance?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    F/D is "Walk With You" by Edwin McCain...FI hasn't picked M/S yet.  We also considered "I Loved Her First" by Heartland and "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw.   But we're picking the songs.  Dad really has no preference, and I was picky about the lyrics because most of the F/D songs just don't apply to our relationship.  FI's mom isn't particular either...and neither is FI so it could take a while to pick that one. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm debating between unforgettable by nat king cole, you belong to me by dean martin, when you need me by bruce springsteen and i'll be seeing you by billie holiday.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Unforgettable for F/D Dance, nothing for M/S Dance (FMIL is physically handicapped and did not want to do it).
  • Options
    kjs08kjs08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

"I loved her first" by Heartland for my F/D dance. I don't know about M/S dance for my FI.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    broleebrolee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    F/D to Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg.  It's more of a tribute to my dad than about our relationship (Fogelberg wrote it for his father).  I'm surprising him with it, I've had it picked out for my dance with him half my life!  M/S- he's still working on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards