Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Music for intercultural reception?

My fiance and I havent come up with any ideas for the music for our reception. to get a band or dj? does anybody have any ideas, he comes from a very big hispanic family and I come from a little irish family so the majority of the wedding guest are going to be from his side of the family. How do I  split the music, so EVERYONE has something to dance to?

Re: Music for intercultural reception?

• Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with a dj, but we aren't intercultural. Maybe you guys could pick some of your favorite songs and then have the guest request some of their favorites before the event?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just make sure you add some Spanish music to the playlist. I would mix it up, play some American music, then a few Spanish songs. There is tons of different Spanish music, so talk to him and his family about what type they enjoy (salsa, mariachi, bachata).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Evey07Evey07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand completely I am Mexican and my finace is half caucasian and half filipino so I really really don't know what to play as far as music lol. I think I agree with lynxbbgirl sounds like a good start to figuring out the music thing but we are going with a dj. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards