Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father/Daughter dance (a bit uncomfortable)

Okay - so my father is retired military and we have never had a close emotional relationship... does anyone have suggestions on songs to dance to? it is making me uncomfortable just thinking about it! lol I kinda wish we could just avoid this all together but my fiance is going to have a dance with his mother so... any suggestions are appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Father/Daughter dance (a bit uncomfortable)

• Options
    Im in the same situation, we are really close but not in that way. We were never the hugs and kisses type. All those "Daddy's little girl" songs just dont suit our relationship. Maybe you should do something upbeat and a little more fun instead of doing the whole traditional thing. I hope you figure it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I asked my Dad what he wanted.  He chose Louis Armstong's It's a Wonderful World. 
  • Options

I'm in the same situation, I don't have a close relationship with my dad, but still wanted him to be a part of the celebration.  I found "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts and decided to use this because it doesn't have the lovey dovey stuff between father and daughter. 

62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    My father is a retired Army guy as well and I, too, am in the same boat! We're going to be dancing to "Tough Little Boys"; a country song that's sweet but not gushy (don't watch the video, it'll have you in tears ;) ). If country's your thing, there are a bunch of good ones if you dig around that are sweet but not super frilly or overly mushy. Good luck! 
  • Options

I will be dancing to with my stepFa and did not want anything mushy-Forever young- Rod Stewart

• Options
    A friend who had a similar situation chose "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World".
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am having almost the same issue. I will be using Landslide for the father/daughter dance.
  • Options
    My parents divorced when I was 2 and has been in and out of my life ever since.  All the mushy-mushy songs don't apply.  We're combining the "Father/Daughter" dance with the "Mother/Don Dance" and using "My Wish".  Half way through the song, we'll have his daughter cut in with him and my son cut in with me. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards