Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mother/Daughter dance....suggestions on song?!?!

I grew up not knowing my dad so I thought it would be a cool idea to dance with my mom since we are so close. Anyone know of any songs that would fit for that?? Most songs say dad or father in them...Please help!! Thanks!!

Re: Mother/Daughter dance....suggestions on song?!?!

• Options
    Mamas song Carrie Underwood is a gorgeous song!
  • Options
    I just listened to that song and I got teary eyed!! What a perfect song! Thank you!! :)
  • Options
    I've been considering dancing with my mom to "Somebody's Hero" by Jamie O'Neal. I really like it, but it makes me tear up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought about "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride, but my mom and I would have both been a puddle by the end of it.  So instead we did an uptempo spotlight dance, with both of my brothers, to the Four Seasons' "You're Just Too Good To Be True".  It was so much fun and everyone loved it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I know this is totally untraditional but our song is going to be "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns n' Roses. It's because all growing up my mom would sing it to me and when I was born she declared it "my song' so it's really important to us. I can't wait to rock out with my awesome mom! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mother and I are dancing to In My Life by the Beatles. She is walking my down the aisle to a string version of Sweet Child of Mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards