Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

what song are your bridesmaids walking down the aisle to?

2»

Re: what song are your bridesmaids walking down the aisle to?

• I'm pretty sure we're doing a classical guitar instrumental version of "I'll Stand By You" for our WP. I love the double meaning of my FI and I standing together, and our WP being there for us in the past and the future. It always seems a little "off" to me when the wedding party songs are gooey romantic about the bride and groom, when the bride's not even there yet. :-p
    If you're on the fence about a song, especially a more modern one when you'd rather be a little more traditional, I SO recommend looking up classical guitar versions of it on YouTube! It just makes everything sound so much prettier and more romantic! The good ones often link to where you can buy them on CD so you get a cleaner sound.

• (especially Sungha Jung on YouTube. kid is INCREDIBLE.)

• I'm walking down to "marry me" too!! LOL My BP is walking down to "1000 years"- probably the piano man version with no lyrics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridesmaids are walking down the aisle to piano man version of "A Thousand Years" as well - it's a gorgeous arrangement! I'm walking to the traditional bridal march
  • The bridesmaids and groomsmen (cultural tradition to walk together) are coming in to Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes.  We just love it.  My children will then pick up their violins and do the intro to "Here comes the bride"... just the beginning part because we wanted that touch of tradition... and then I'll come out, down the stairs where my FI is waiting and we will walk up the aisle together to a different song... still TBD between 2.. FI has been picking most of the music.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The groomscrew is walking down to Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top), and I was thinking I would have my girls walk down to White Wedding (Billy Idol). I'm not sure what I'll be walking down to yet.
  • Libby, I just listened to the song by Runner Runner..absolutely LOVE it!
    ME TOO. And then I cried for like 10 minutes because the video I watched was sooo beautiful
  • My bridal party is walking in to an instrumental version of Ho Hey by the Lumineers and my dad and I are walking down the aisle to Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles.
  • I am using I Cant Help Falling in Love With You by Ingrid Michaelson. It is beautiful. I have 4 Junior Bridesmaids that I cannot figure out a song for though. I dont want it to be too grown up...  The main song is long enough for my bridesmaids, flower/ring, and my little girl to go out first to and then at the end when it says softly take my hand I will come through antique doors and take my dads hand and finish the walk :)  Any suggestions on Jr. Bridesmaids?
  • My bridal party (along with key family members) will be walking down to I've Got a Crush on You by Ella Fitzgerald.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was going to have the girls walk in to "Solid As a Rock" not the disco one but one by Ella Fitzgerald. However, our ceremony venue doesn't allow amplified music, so I'm thinking Forrest Gump Suite on violin. I'll be going in to "For Lisa," the Brian Setzer version of Beethovens' "Fuer Elise," which will be killer.

Exit to Imperial March or the Sunset over Tatoonine, depends on what my violinist prefers. Yeah, I geeked out there. :)  

• Our BP will enter to "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys (our parents/grandparents are going to enter/be seated to "God Only Knows," also by the Beach Boys, which I think is super fitting/adorable.) Deciding the music has been my favorite thing to do so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My Bridesmaids will be walking down the isle to "Marry You" by Bruno Mars and I will be walking down the isle to "The Wedding Song" by Jamie Foxx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2rWWRnDyE

• Our processional will be Bach's Air on the G String.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards