Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Negotiating the best price for a band

Does anyone have any tips? We have a budget and most of the quotes have come back slightly above our budget. I'm sure there is room to negotiate, but what is the best way to bring the price down without offending the band leader when we deal with them directly? What if we are dealing with a management company?

Re: Negotiating the best price for a band

• edited December 2011
    To tell you the truth, I have a set budget and I contacted local university music department, told them I was looking for a string trio. They put me in contact with someone and It was a success ! 

It's not insulting to be honest and upfront of what it is you can afford. It's tough times for everyone .....

Good Luck !
  • LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Completely agree with maydragonfly.  Just tell them your budget, and maybe they will work with you.  If they can't, they might know of someone who can.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think that you will offend anyone by saying that they are above your budget. Depending on how busy they are and the time of year some may lower their price and some will likely say that they can't do anything. 

If your wedding is on a Saturday between May and October there likely won't be much room for discounts from vendors but if on a Friday, Sunday or off-season then most vendors will likely be willing to offer a discount. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards