Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

No Live Musician For Ceremony

For those of you that are not using a live musician (organist, string quartet, etc.) for your ceremony, what are you doing? I am having a beach wedding and I do not think a live performer is in my budget. I would like to play recorded music, but am worried about the timing and logistics of it. Thoughts?

Re: No Live Musician For Ceremony

• TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is doing everything. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. 
  • kaykay1126kaykay1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is doing our ceremony. I was a little hesitant about it at first because I was worried about the quality of it. But my fiance, who is so great, said the DJ is a professional and this isn't his first rodeo. He will know what to do and it will work out.

We chose instrumental versions of a couple love songs that I like. It is an outdoor wedding so I think it will be a better payoff than live musicians.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs, your DJ can do it.  Or get an iPod and some speakers.

But if you are going to start renting equipment (speakers, microphone, whatever) it might cost the same to just get a $150 violinist.

What music are you using for your reception?
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am worried about that too. I am having a beach wedding and my reception will be at a beach house. It will be a very small party and casual so live music and a dj won't really fit. 

I am still clueless on what to do about it. Undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards