Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Beach Wedding Recessional

Hi ladies!

I just wanted everyone's opinion on our recessional song. I really want to use the song "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid, but I can't decide if I want to use the piano version by the O'Neill Brothers or the version being sung by Colbie Caillat. We are just using an iPod to play the music for the ceremony so it won't be a live musician or someone else singing it.

Any input would be appreciated :)
Photobucket

Re: Beach Wedding Recessional

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ask your fiance?  I think his and your input are the most important here.  Does he have a preference?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_beach-wedding-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:b6e143b4-b86f-486a-bb70-7ff633127591Post:7b95eee0-9be8-4c07-ada1-1f2c048f81e2">Re: Beach Wedding Recessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ask your fiance?  I think his and your input are the most important here.  Does he have a preference?
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

Yes, and neither of us can decide. The one singing is a little more upbeat, while the song on the piano would make it a little more serious. One day we pick the song being sung and the next day we think we should go with the piano. We have quite a while to decide, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amylo84amylo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think "Somewhere over the rainbow/ what a wonderful world" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole would be perfect for a beach wedding.  It is done on the ukele and is so light hearted and happy.  you should look it up if you have never heard it, you will fall in love
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Between those two versions, I'd pick the Colbie Caillat version.  It has more spunk to it, and I always think recessional songs should be happy and upbeat.  The instrumental one I think would blend in too much into the background with people clapping/chatting/etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input everyone!

amy- I LOVE his songs, I plan to use "Somewhere over the Rainbow" when my bridesmaids walk in, I just thought it was too slow for the recessional. Thanks for the advice :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards