Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Grand March

does anyone know the song or songs that are played in a traditional grand march? (usually a German/Czech Texas thing?) I've been to dozens of weddings that had a grand march and I always thought there was a standard song, but I'm having a hard time getting a definitive answer (also, many google searches equate "grand entrance" with "grand march.") Everyone in my family thinks I'm crazy b/c they think it's just "The grand march song." Well, it's not!

Re: Grand March

• Options
    You mean like... the "typical" song you (the bride) walk down the aisle to? That would be Canon in D. 
  • Options
    Ooooh, that kind of grand march. Sorry I was completely unhelpful! (and, apparently, a bit naive) 
  • Options
    I've only ever seen one and that was here in MI.  I was thinking it was standard polka music of some kind.  400 person reception.  That was some grand march, let me tell ya.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure of the title of the Grand March.  I know Chris Rybak has a CD entitled Grand March which I'm going to order to see if we can use it at my son's wedding.  Good luck and if I find out anything else, I will let you know.
    Oops, this is the same as what TXKristen suggested.
  • Options
    To the OP - I ordered Chris Rybak's CD and got it in one day!  It is the real thing.  Brought back so many happy memories.
  • Options
    The song we usually hear at weddings around San Antonio is Under The Double Eagle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards