Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Final dance?

So my fiance and I have a song that we've considered "our song" for years: "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.  Since it's a waltz beat, I thought it would be beautiful to have as our first dance, but the other day we were talking and he suggested "This Year's Love" by David Gray, which would be what I would call "our other song" because it was incorporated in two movies we saw when we were first dating during scenes that were romantic enough we had those glance-at-each-other-and-blush moments.  I love his suggestion, but I feel like I would regret it if we didn't dance to Iris at our wedding.

I was thinking in order to make this work, we could have a "final dance" song before leaving for the night.  My family really doesn't dance, so we are probably going to get an Irish band to play some fun jigs and reels just for entertainment and so my drunk brothers can get on the dance floor and try their feet at jigging (I likely will too).  We will also have a mix of slow songs and other things we think the group would dance to ready to turn on during the band's smoke/drink break.  Because of this, I don't think it will be much of an issue "taking away dancing time", but since a last dance isn't something I've heard of before, I don't know how to incorporate it in a classy manner.  Has anyone else done this before or seen it done?  Do you think doing it after cutting the cake would work, while everyone is sitting down to have dessert?
After five years he finally asked! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards