Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

bridal party dance

I want a song from the 80's for the bridal party dance. I want it to be fun, but also a lille on the slower side (the groom and best man are not much of dancers). Any suggestions?

Re: bridal party dance

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Personally I hate the BP dance. Are you sure your BP is ok with doing one? I would ask all of them for their opinions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't going to have it, because I dont really like it either but my family looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I wouldn't be having one. So now I am going to do a nontraditional song.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please disregard your family and think of your WP.  I haven't actually seen a WP dance since the 80's.  Why?  For several reasons, any one of which would be enough to dispense with it:

#1)  It's uncomfortable for your WP to have to dance with someone who might be a stranger to them.

#2)  It's uncomfortable for your guests to have to WATCH a dance with people who look uncomfortable about having to dance with someone who might be a stranger to them.

#3)  It's boring for your guests to have watch yet another spotlight dance:  particularly featuring people who look uncomfortable about having to dance with someone who might be a stranger to them.

#4)  It serves ABSOLUTELY no purpose, NO purpose at all. 

If someone can explain WHY a WP dance is necessary or helpful to a reception, then okay, have one.  But they won't be able to, because the only explanation is that they used to be done.  And that's just not a compelling reason.

I can promise you that your WP won't be unhappy about having to do a WP dance.  Your guests won't be unahppy about having to stand through a WP dance.

Skip it. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister did a WP party dance, but not in the traditional MOH dances with BM... We all danced together to Chris Brown's "Forever"...  It was A LOT of fun and it got the other guests excited to dance.  I would suggest an upbeat fun dance, not a slow dance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree on having an upbeat dance for the wedding party. Is there a reason it has to be from the 80's? If there really isn't, something like "Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas might be good. And unexpected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on doing an upbeat wedding party song (probably something from the 80's as we are in our early and mid 30's) following dinner to help get everyone on the dance floor.  The last few weddings I went to the brides were always freaking out that no one would dance.  This worked as a great way to kick it off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards