Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Ceremony Music- HELP!

I have been searching for songs for months and just can not find one that I like for my girls to walk into and then for me to walk into.  I am not a traditional bride, so I really DO NOT want to use the wedding march.  ANY and ALL suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

We are having a friend sing "I Do" by Matthew West during our sand ceremony.
All other music will be played from a cd.

Re: Ceremony Music- HELP!

• Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to the bridal march from jonathan cain from Journey.
    I love it. it's a twist on the orginal bridal march.. its a little less IN YOUR FACE.
    haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am walking to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by the Hawaiin dude with the Ukulele
    Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain....
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_ceremony-music-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:cdcf4ead-93d3-4de5-8f6b-720316fc8ccdPost:d8e69ef3-0ca0-4888-ae9f-c9fdad6b88c2">Re: Ceremony Music- HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm walking down to the bridal march from jonathan cain from Journey. I love it. it's a twist on the orginal bridal march.. its a little less IN YOUR FACE. haha.
    Posted by katheriner89[/QUOTE]

Ditto here.  The bms are walking down to Marry Me, by Train.  I know that's turning into the "typical wedding song" but I really like it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down to Bron Yr Aur by Led Zeppelin.  It is an instrumental guitar (not the stomp version)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids and I are walking in to "Grace," by William Joseph.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are all walking down to Somewhere over the Rainbow  by  Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jon Schmidt "Love Story/Viva la vida" its piano and its gorgeous!
    My girls will be walking in to Jon's "Cant Help falling in love"
    Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My harpist has a sample wedding program/song...you can take a look:

http://www.harpistcharissa.com/

click on wedding and you will be able to see the songs used for the various parts of ceremony.  Hope it helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the same song for the honored family members to come in to and for the bridal party. It's called A Love That will Last by Rene Olstead. I've loved that song forever. Its really old but it's amazing and it works with my vintage theme. I am coming in to the piano intro of Coldplay's The Scientist. My FH's friend is playing it and he's just going to loop it around and keep playing it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about using 'Rhythm of Love' by Plain White Tees for the bridal party to walk in. Then I want to walk in to 'Marry Me' by Train.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dreaming by Amy beach or Brahms Op 118 no 2 are good for piano... very romantic sounding but not in-your-face
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards