Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

dance with my baby (son)

I will not be having a father daughter dance as my parents had a nasty split and i dont want tension at the reception so i've chosen to dance with my son. he will be about 17 months old by then and i'm looking for a good son to dance to. We are not religious so I'm looking for a song that does not refer to God or Jesus. Any suggestions would be appreciated TIA!
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: dance with my baby (son)

• Do you like country? My Wish is one of my favorites

• I don't really like this idea. I mean, why not just skip the dance if you don't want to dance with your dad? Is a child that young really going to understand what's going on? (Genuine question, I don't spend a lot of time with little kids.) I think dancing with him would make a great picture, but why not just make sure your photographer gets that pic at some point, rather than making it a spotlight that everyone has to watch? Most people I know don't care about watching all of those dances, save for MAYBE the first dance.

If it means a lot to you, then by all means -- do it. I just wanted to point out that you don't have to do things like special dances just because they are traditional or expected.
  • kristin1007 - thanks, yes, this is a song i am contemplating. its sweet

tpender13
    - it does mean a lot to me. i would have loved to have danced with my father but because of certain situations its not possible. It doesnt matter to me that my son may not know whats going on...i will! Everyone i mentioned it to absoloutely loves the idea. You by no means have to dance with a child at your wedding but i did not ask for a song just to have someone tell me it's a stupid idea so please keep negative opinions to yourself. They were not asked for.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I sent you a pm in case you don't check back, but in case anyone else wants to do something similar I recommend "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. It's such a sweet song and perfect for that age! I'm not going to have a special dance, but I absolutely plan to dance with my 22 month old daughter and 5yo son to this song and I plan to use a snippet of it as they walk down the aisle at the ceremony.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards