Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Want something unique - am totally at a loss

Hi everyone - I am looking for something totally different than the standard wedding processional "string" music to have everyone walk down the aisle... I want something modern. But I have no idea where to start. Any thoughts?

I was thinking for when I walk down, I could use an instrumental of James Blunt "She's Beautiful" - but other than that, I'm at a loss.

And is it too cliche to play "Another One Bites the Dust" to have us all dance back down the aisle after the ceremony? I thought it might be kinda fun, a little way to get the guests in the mood for cocktail hour.

TIA for any suggestions!!
BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog

Re: Want something unique - am totally at a loss

• edited December 2011
    Even though you don't sound thrilled for strings I would suggest checking out the Vitamin String Quartet. They do modern music but in strings. They cover so much music it is crazy. "Sweet Child of Mine" Guns N Roses, "All I Want Is You" U2, "Dare You To Move" Switchfoot are all really awesome. There are hundreds of artists to choose from like Metallica, Aerosmith, Death Cab For Cutie, James Blunt, Plain White T's, Weezer, Fall Out Boy, Paramore and so many others. Give them a try.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Gingery, most songs can be found in instrumental form. Choose something modern that you like and see if it's available in instrumental! I think that walking back down the aisle to Another One Bites the Dust is cute and fun! It's your wedding, do what you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards