Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Entrance song

We're looking for an entrance song into our reception. We don't want to make a huge grand entrance, but at least a song that will build excitement for the party later on. Any suggestions?
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Entrance song

• What genre of music?

I think we're going to use The Turtles - "Happy Together" for our entrance. I'm trying to convince FI to let us use The Beatles - "Twist and Shout" to get the party going -- the first song after all the "official" dances...but I don't think I'll win that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • We tend to like Pop music, (mainly the Backstreet boys for myself personally), but my fi has already agreed to let me choose a BSB song for our first dance. Luckily it's a song he actually likes by them and agrees it fits for our wedding.  I don't want him to sacrifice too much of his ears to have BSB for the entrance song too lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• My fianc I are discussing "We will rock you" by Queen. We like the music think it will make people laugh, what better way to start the party?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_entrance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d293bee5-1539-48c4-b84a-86411d0111fbPost:4a3031d1-c063-401c-b28f-ec0a403b3c30">Re: Entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We tend to like Pop music, (mainly the Backstreet boys for myself personally), but my fi has already agreed to let me choose a BSB song for our first dance. Luckily it's a song he actually likes by them and agrees it fits for our wedding.  I don't want him to sacrifice too much of his ears to have BSB for the entrance song too lol
    Posted by swimmy1988[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to like Hanson? They have awesome songs. We are using "Give A Little" by Hanson as our first dance song and "Waiting for This" by Hanson as our recessional song. Either would make a good entrance song, as well. We are using the Pirates of the Caribbean movie theme (He's a Pirate), for our entrance because we are big Disney fans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Entrance song for bridal party . DJ cool let me clear my throat Entrance song for Bride and Groom : Jay -Z Bring um out.
  • Bridal Party- Sexy and I know it (they had fun with it)
    Bride & Groom- the Fox NFL theme song... you tube it and you'll instantly know it. This was my husbands pick, of course, but it was a good pick! It's unexpected, but people know it when they hear it.
  • I'm thinking of using party rock anthem - lmfao
  • Still debating on bridal party entrance but we are using Eye of the Tiger for bride and groom, I think it'll get everyone going
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards