Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Surprise First Dance??

My mom and dad never did get a first dance at their wedding. We have been thinking about surprising them with a 'first dance'! It would catch them off guard and would be very special to them. I did get 'their song' out of my mom the other day!!! =)

Any ideas on how/when to incorporate this into the reception?

Re: Surprise First Dance??

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the end of your dance with your father, lead him to your mother as the DJ cues up their dance.  

Alternately, if your husband is dancing with your mom while you are dancing with your Dad, switch partners at the end of the father daughter dance
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_surprise-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d8cbefb8-79bd-49fa-a242-939467a1827bPost:e4b245ad-b9fb-48a9-8e8f-c9f9bf2832e6">Re: Surprise First Dance??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't announce it, I would just have your DJ play "their song". They'll know, and you'll know and that's all that is important. I don't think anything else needs to be done, personally.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Agree
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I too agree at this point.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_surprise-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:d8cbefb8-79bd-49fa-a242-939467a1827bPost:991e44d6-15c7-488c-a42e-92ec1adca717">Re: Surprise First Dance??</a>:
    [QUOTE]At the end of your dance with your father, lead him to your mother as the DJ cues up their dance.   Alternately, if your husband is dancing with your mom while you are dancing with your Dad, switch partners at the end of the father daughter dance
    Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards