Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

DIY playlist- HELP!!

For our wedding, FI and I are lucky enough to have very talented muscian friends who have done weddings before, can play instruments solo, as a band, and can DJ and are willing to do our wedding for very cheap.

The problem I'm having is the wedding is just under 5 months away, and there really hasn't been any meetings about the music. My FI is obsessed with music and wants to pick out ALL the songs- starting with pre-ceremony music to the last song of the reception. Whenever I ask him about it, or tell him to start writing things down, all he says is "I got it under control, I have ideas." I KNOW he doesn't have anything written down and that the task of lining up music for 7 hours takes longer than he thinks. How can I get him to get a move on? Has anyone ever picked out their entire playlist and has advice? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: DIY playlist- HELP!!

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he is confident with the music and has agreed to do it I would stay out of his way and let him do it.

I know with my FI the more I remind him/nag him/ask him, the longer he waits to do something.  If you gently remind him infrequently about it, it will do the job.  And then just let be.

In terms of making the actual playlist, google "wedding playlist" and some helpful sites come up.  One I have used for some music is this one:
    http://www.weddingbells.ca/articles/article/sample-wedding-playlists/

7 hours of music comes together pretty quickly, especially since probably 2-3 hours of that is classical/background music for cocktail hour/dinner.

You still have 5 months.  Maybe give him a deadline - say, we're meeting with the venue on April 10th for our tasting, let's go set up the iPod then and try out your playlist while we're there.  "It would really relieve my stress if you had it done by then.  I don't want us to be running around in the weeks before the wedding putting this play list together. "
  • Options
    Kerry9703Kerry9703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great advice and i will check out that site. thank you!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards