Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Not Daddy's Lil Girl

any suggetions for father daughter songs that arent all about daddy's lil girl?? my dad and i are really awkward around each other.....definatly not comfortable with the mushy stuff. what did you other "non daddy girls" pick?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Not Daddy's Lil Girl

• Options
    katiebean1katiebean1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the exact same situation and I am curious as to what people picked!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol im glad im not alone....i just sent my mom a couple a songs i was pondering for the father/daughter dance... alan jackson-drive and george strait-love without end, amen (i know alot of ppl dont like country but my dad and i do) and when she called and said dad wanted to know the song about the girl learning to drive in the rusty jeep in the field, i was like dang thats one i sent you! so we may pick alan jackson but idk yet for....still got alot of time left to decide :):).....good luck in your search and i cant wait to see more ideas and suggestions!!!
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm contemplating "isn't she lovely" (stevie wonder) because its kind of upbeat.... but i'm curious what others are picking too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a) my name is also sarabeth (different spelling)

b) "in my life" by the beatles

but find something with meaning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm in the same situation.  I'm actually looking at Lorie Line or Jim Brickman.  They are both amazing pianists... I just love the music.  Even though they don't have a lot of songs with words, it's great music.  Really pretty. 

• Options
    shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I are kind of iffy, definitely not mushy people. We are dancing to "Imagine" by John Lennon. We basically chose it because we both like it a lot.
    A lot of people like "What a Wonderful World" by Louie Armstrong. I think it'd  be a good default song but, like PP said, pick a song that has meanings something to the both or you or at least common song you both like.

Hell, if I could swing it, my dad and I would be dancing to the "Moster Mash" lol
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some ideas I had were:

-Have I told you lately that I love you - Rod Stewart
    -Landslide - Stevie Knicks
    -In My Life - Beatles
    -Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffett
    -Teach your Children - Crosby, Stills and Nash.

But...like you, I'm still looking for ideas.
  • Options
    amandalt823amandalt823 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My dad is a classic rock kind of guy so we're dancing to 'Thank You' by Led Zepplin. It's not too mushy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinking about this lately. My dad and I aren't terribly close and I'd prefer to skip the dance all together, but my FI and his mom are super close and I don't want to take their dance away from them or make my dad feel bad by them having one and us not. . . . so I've got to figure one out. 

Some I'm considering are:
    Forever Young - Rod Stewart 
    Father Daughter - Paul Simon

Isn't She Lovely is a good choice too, I think. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm the same way with my dad. I chose "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. I'm cutting the awkwardness by having FI and his mom dance together at the same time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    these are some good ideas! the other option that i thought about that im sure alot of ppl there would think was totally weird was Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton. its an OLD country song with a silly little beat. its the only song my dad ever sings lol and it makes me think of when i was little and he would sing and do this funky *white boy* dance lolTongue out
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    black bird by the beatles was our choice.  The father of my friend picked before the next tear drop falls. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to:  He Aloha Mele by Keola Beamer, it talks about the little brown eyed girl in it and it's my dad's ring tone for me.  Is there anything that just has a memory tied to it?  Did you ever go to a concert together?  Music your dad always played growing up? 
  • Options
    shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TOTALLY do the Battle of New Orleans! I think it'd be a lot of fun! Who says the song has to be serious?

The song "Beep Beep" by the Playmates ALWAYS reminds me of my dad  but, my dad has bad knees so he couldn't do anything fast and the song gets progressively faster.

Have fun with it!! I think it'd be more enjoyable for your guests too
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kory3bkory3b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What you need is one of my custom made songs.
    Problem solved!
    It'll say exactly what you want to say.
    Nothing says it better than a song.

- kory@korylivingstone.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards