Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

we're not the average couple, help!!

My fiance & I have been together 10 years, finally tying the knot!
We also have 3 daughters together, so I'm having some issues trying to figure out how to go about our first dance.

We will have our first dance together, just us two but then I'd like to have a dance where we invite our 3 girls in too..but seperate songs. So do we dance our first dance, then do a dance with all 5 of us? Maybe do that instead of the mother/son dance and the father/bride? (I don't have a father, so we wouldn't do that one anyways.)

I'm so confused how to go about all this...HELP!!

Re: we're not the average couple, help!!

• Why don't you find a song that you can start with just your hubby, and then at the final 1-2 minutes, bring in your girls?  And then skip all the other dances.  Multiple dances where people just sit and watch you (first dance, mother-son, father-daughter) can really suck the air out of a party room.

Are you looking for a slow song (to do a waltz, etc.) or a faster song (to do more modern dancing or a country two-step)?

• sarahdactyIsarahdactyI member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_were-not-the-average-couple-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e76e2201-12ac-4027-8edb-d5ec9e3cc761Post:b931b0c4-10dc-49fb-b17f-f7263aae6e37">Re: we're not the average couple, help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you find a song that you can start with just your hubby, and then at the final 1-2 minutes, bring in your girls?  And then skip all the other dances.  Multiple dances where people just sit and watch you (first dance, mother-son, father-daughter) can really suck the air out of a party room. Are you looking for a slow song (to do a waltz, etc.) or a faster song (to do more modern dancing or a country two-step)?
    Posted by casyme[/QUOTE]

<div>I like this idea. If you do a separate dance with the girls I'd make it just *one* song, maybe a faster one that you could all dance or split into pairs and do something spirited to get the dancing started?</div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry, I guess that doesn't add too much more advice!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• How about a song that is half slow and then speeds up. Have a wonderful slow dance with your hubby during the first half, and then have your girls rush in and join on the second half!

Too many solo dances will dry everyone out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards