Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

What's your entrance to reception song?

Bridal party is doing " the way you make me feel" by MJ...My FI and I are more into alternative/rock...we thought about Party Hard by Andrew WK but we aren't really party hard type of people and its too much of a switch from MJ!

What are you doing? Any suggestions?!

Re: What's your entrance to reception song?

• Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're entering to Zombienation, but the Penn State version!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were originally going to use "I Got a Feelin" by the Black Eyed Peas...but now I'm thinking maybe that will be the first song after the special dances to kind of get everyone in the party/dancing mood.

I've also thought about that MJ song for the wedding party. I'm also considering "Bring em out" by T.I. So many options! I don't think the songs necessarily have to "go" together. As long as they're fun songs, and plus the DJ will be talking over the music too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A mixture of both PP'ers actually!
    Family / Bridal Party is enetering to 'I Gotta Feeling' and we are enetering to 'Zombie Nation'.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Tiesto's "You Are My Diamond."
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, H wanted the Morrowind video game theme song. And yes, our dj found it for us. At that point in the planning when it came to the music, I really didn't care anymore.
  • Options
    mhutchins3mhutchins3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In ours the bridal party is coming out to "Eye of the Tiger" and we are coming out to "Gonna Fly Now" aka the theme song to Rocky. Haha We just thought it would be fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti.  Our bridal party is tetatively coming out to I like It by enrique and our ring bearer gets I gotta feeling.  Our MOH and BM still have no song.  My brother suggested we use the entrance for the university of delaware football team because all but my MOH went there and it's a really pump-it-up type intro.    we'll see!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today - Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smashmouth's 'I'm A Believer'.  It fits us too well not to use, and FI really likes Smashmouth. 

We're using 'Say Hey (I Love You) for the bouquet toss.  It's such a fun, happy song!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shauna...what a great call w/ Smashing Pumpkins.  that album is one of my favorites of all time!

IMO "i got a feeling" is just SO cliche.  sorry girls!

What about Love You Madly by Cake?  (we are doing this for our cake cutting...but it could totally work for an intro as well)
  • Options
    shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Reese - we are walking up a long flight of stairs to our reception and thought it was fitting and we love smashing pumpkins.  But then again I am not traditional.  I am walking down to sweet child o mine on strings :)      
    I think Love you Madly by Cake would be awesome as entrance or cake cutting.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're entering to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness. It's kind of our song...hahahahaha.
  • Options
    S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're entering to Crazy in Love by Beyonce & Jay Z
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any songs picked out, but I have quite a few ideas now! Thanks! 

I have to LOL every time I think about songs and music at our wedding, because my FH is in a metal band (yes, a rar-rar-rar growly metal band) and the vast majority of my relatives are hicks, hillbillies, and rednecks. So, to please everyone, I should play a mix of metal and country, right?! Hahaha... man, I'm sure this will give me a headache later, but for now, it's funny!
  • Options
    Haylie04Haylie04 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're entering to an instrumental version of "Back in Black" - FI insisted, lol!  It'll be fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Link to Wedding Blog!
    DIY Brides - there are some AMAZING ideas on craftster.org! If you end up over there, look me up: screenname is Haylie. :)
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Favorite topic ever!!!

"Let's Get Married Remix"-Jagged Edge !!!!

LOVE IT!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also going with "Say Hey" by Michael Franti and BP is entering to Enrique "I Like It".
  • Options
    kpe04379kpe04379 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone! Reese- I wanted to do the Cake song but the FI wasn't having it. He likes U2- Beautiful Day ( I feel like it's overplayed but if it makes him happy...!)

Good luck everybody!
  • Options
    lmcit23lmcit23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enter Sandman - Metallica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're entering to "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_whats-entrance-reception-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:e9ebd624-8e4f-40ff-bf18-b85db5274b92Post:df192a3c-cbca-44b9-918d-93f91646d614">Re: What's your entrance to reception song?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti.  Our bridal party is tetatively coming out to I like It by enrique and our ring bearer gets I gotta feeling.  Our MOH and BM still have no song.  My brother suggested we use the entrance for the university of delaware football team because all but my MOH went there and it's a really pump-it-up type intro.    we'll see!
    Posted by viewfromheaven05[/QUOTE]

Thats a lot of songs for a quick intro!  We used one song for everyone from the parents through H and I.  And sadly, we were cliche, and used "I Gotta Feeling."  But our wedding was awesome and we were told by many guests it was the best wedding they've been too, so maybe the song helped!  Haha, I'm reaching.  It was definitely fun and upbeat though.

As for Enrique's "I Like It" - I love the song and we heard it 3 times in the limo.  Unfortunately it was too new and the DJ didn't have it on his music available.  So we were bummed, but its definitely a super fun song. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't care how cliche "I Gotta Feeling" is, I love it! Laughing I think we will save it for later in the night though.

I was also wondering about the number of songs you are using....you don't think it will be kind of choppy? Just curious.

The music is something I'm so excited about, I'm already working on my playlist on the computer. And the do not play list, that is also very important. I need to remember to add "anything by Taylor Swift" to that list. I used to like some of her songs, but I think it just got overplayed for me. Of course, the same could be said for the Black Eyed Peas song too, but I just love it so much I can never hear it too many times. Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HeatherBobHeatherBob member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridal party is walking into Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough" & my FI & I are walking into Frank Sinatra's "Love & Marriage". That song just explains us & our whole relatioship :)
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Parents/Bridal Party is entering to Nothin But  a Good Time (Poison) and we are entering to Walk (Pantera)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

if i've got nothing else settled on other than the date, i've got the music down. lol.

we're entering to "born to be my baby by bon jovi. my boy's choice, but i think it's perfect. :)

-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been thinking about 'Forever-Chris Brown' it's old,but it's one of those songs that make ya wanna dance (:
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    sno224sno224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our BP is walking into Black Eyed Peas, some say over played, i say always creates a great mood) and we will walk in to I Love You More Today Than Yesterday..i think :)  77 days to decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards